The Elephant Camp
The Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe is set high above the Batoka Gorge on the Zambezi River with views towards Zambia.
By the Batoka Gorge, 10km from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe
Tented safari camp
The Elephant Camp Highlights
- Fabulous location above Batoka Gorge, within sight of Victoria Falls spray
- Luxurious tented suites with private plunge pools
- Choice of activities at Victoria Falls
- Opportunity to meet the Wild Horizons elephants and Sylvester the cheetah
- Delicious, locally-sourced food
The Elephant Camp overview
The Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe is set high above the Batoka Gorge on the Zambezi River with views towards Zambia. It’s just 10kms from Victoria Falls and the camp provides free daily return transfers, so you’ll have access to the many activities available there too. The camp is very upmarket, with plush tented suites, an open plan lounge-bar-dining area and spacious elevated decks.
Each suite offers space and privacy, with an internal lounge and glass doors leading out to an expansive deck with room for a table and chairs, loungers and a plunge pool. Decks overlook the spectacular scenery and from some of them you’ll be able to see spray rising from the Victoria Falls in the distance. The sense of space is continued in the bathroom which has a shower cubicle and a full-size bathtub overlooking the deck. There’s a secluded outdoor shower, too. Facilities include a minibar, tea and coffee maker, air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
Meals are a highlight, prepared with great care using seasonal produce much of it grown in the lodge’s garden. You’ll have the opportunity to try local African dishes as well as international favourites. Private meals served on your own deck can be arranged. The tented lounge has comfy leather and upholstery sofas and chairs set around coffee tables. It’s the perfect place to rest and sip a chilled drink.
Victoria Falls is just a short drive away and there are many and varied activities here including bungee jumping, canopy tours and white water rafting for thrill-seekers. If you prefer something less adrenalin-charged you can take a boat cruise on the Zambezi River, the sunsets are stunning. You shouldn’t miss the chance to meet the Wild Horizons elephant herd while at The Elephant Camp, or to take a nature walk near the camp with a resident guide. You may also meet Sylvester, the lodge’s rescue cheetah, and ambassador for his vulnerable species.
The Elephant Camp
Pom Pom Camp
- Tented lounge-cum-bar
- Dining deck
- Spa treatments in your suite
- Free Wi-Fi in the lounge and tents
- Curio shop
- Laundry service
Included in the price of your stay is a complimentary return transfer to Victoria Falls each day, and also the opportunity to meet the Wild Horizons elephants. Lunch with spectacular views at the Lookout Cafe is also included, along with a guided tour of the falls (park fees extra). You could take a guided nature walk to the gorge or enjoy a romantic sundowner at a special spot. Other activities are extra and payable locally.
- Visit Victoria Falls town with its markets and shops
- Adrenalin activities like bungee jumping, zipling, gorge swinging, white water rafting
- Cruises on the Zambezi River
- A morning or afternoon walk with Sylvester the cheetah ambassador
- Canoe trips
- Helicopter or microlight flights over the Falls
- Safaris – half day, full day and night drives, cruises, guided walks and horseback trails
- Cultural tours
Children aged 7 years and over are welcome. There are 2 family tents.
Tents are large and luxurious, with an indoor lounge, bathroom plus an outdoor shower, deck overlooking the gorge or the plains with a private plunge pool.
- 12 guest tents
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Power point for charging batteries
- En-suite bathroom with bathtub and shower
- Outdoor shower
- Private viewing deck
- Plunge pool
9 days from £3,380 pp
This safari adventure includes natural wonders, plentiful wildlife and a variety of activities.
We know and love Botswana, and would be delighted to
help you plan your perfect Botswana Safari holiday.
Call 01473 599083 to speak to a Botswana travel specialists today.