Ilala LodgeThis elegant, colonial-style lodge is in a prime location on the Zambezi River, just a 20-minute walk from Victoria Falls.
Zambezi River near Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
This elegant, colonial-style lodge is in a prime location on the Zambezi River, just a 20-minute walk from Victoria Falls. Not surprisingly, most activities centre round the Falls and the on-site activity centre can book all manner of excursions from guided walking tours to helicopter flights, fishing trips to bungee jumping. You’ll also have the chance to go on game drives, take guided walks and stroll into Victoria Falls town. Sure to be among the highlights is a cruise on the stylish, exclusive Ra-Ikane riverboat, whether for breakfast, lunch or at sunset.
The lodge’s rooms and suites are decorated in soothing, muted colours and feature beautiful teak furnishings crafted from reclaimed wood. Standard rooms and suites are in the original building, lower garden rooms having French doors leading out to a patio, upper floor rooms and suites have private balconies with views of the spray from the Falls. Additional accommodation comprising deluxe rooms and executive suites, is available in the newer deluxe wing. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and have ceiling fans. Each has a fully tiled en-suite bathroom, most with walk-in shower and some also with a bath, together with a generous supply of toiletries. All have TV, tea and coffee maker, bottled water and a safe.
The Palm Restaurant is open for breakfast, a huge buffet selection, and lunch and dinner where you can choose from an a la carte menu. Meals can be enjoyed indoors and on the colonnaded terrace. There’s a choice of high quality wines to accompany your meal. Relaxing at the lodge you’ll be able to watch the antics of warthogs on the lawn, settle back on a sofa reviewing your photos and checking emails using the free Wi-Fi, sip a long, chilled drink in the bar and enjoy a cooling swim in the outdoor pool.
Ilala Lodge Highlights
- The closest hotel to Victoria Falls
- Watch warthog, impala and hippo on the lawns
- Savour flavourful cuisine on the terrace
- Sunset cruise on the Ra-Ikane riverboat
- Attentive service and relaxed atmosphere
- All rooms and suites with falls views
Botswana Travel Specialists
Talk to one of our specialists about
a tailor-made Botswana safari holiday.
We will listen to you, then give you
great ideas and our best advice.
Call: +44 (0)1473 599083
Ilala Lodge location
- 56 rooms
- Open all year
- Children of all ages are welcome. Suites can accommodate an extra bed for a child. Minimum age limits apply for activities.
- Palm Restaurant and terrace
- Main bar
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Pool-side bar
- Massage service
- Free Wi-Fi
No activities are included in your stay, but many are available nearby (payable locally).
- Visit Victoria Falls town with its markets and shops
- Guided tours of the falls
- Adrenalin activities like bungee jumping, zipling, gorge swinging, white water rafting
- Cruises on the Zambezi River
- Sunset cruise on the Ra-Ikane luxury boat
- Canoe trips
- Helicopter flights over the falls
- Safaris – half day, full day and night drives, cruises, guided walks and horseback trails
- Cultural tours
Rooms are spacious and inviting, uncluttered and cooled by air-conditioning and ceiling fans. All are en-suite and have a private patio or balcony. There are 56 guest rooms in total, in standard, standard suite, deluxe and executive suite categories.
- Ceiling fans
- Satellite TV
- Tea and coffee makers
- Supply of bottled water
- Insect repellent
- Hair dryer
- Ground floor rooms patios by the garden
- Upper floor rooms have balconies
Explore the unmissable...
We know and love Botswana, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Botswana Safari holiday. Call 01473 599083 to speak to a Botswana travel specialist today.